Cheiron is pleased to announce it has been awarded the new North Zaafarana Concession. The Concession has been effective from 17 January 2018 and is valid for a total period of 15 years. Cheiron has an 80% working interest, with Sahara O&G holding the remaining 20%.
The Concession covers an area of 347 square kilometers and is located 6.5 km from the coast in 57 m of water depth. The field is currently producing over 3,000 bopd (gross) and holds proven plus probable oil reserves of 30 mmbbls as at end-2018.